Monday, January 28, 2008

recent finds


i found a few treasures sunday at an estate sale. i could have lost control going thru the vast collection of home-framed 1970's "crewel" embroidery, a virtual cornucopia of mushrooms & flowers in various shades of avacado & harvest gold, but I settled on this meek, yet demure little owl... and then the tin of brown buttons called my name as tins of buttons always do. They will no doubt end up in a mason jar (or two) on a shelf in my studio alongside the others... and the items of the day are the old, dirty pharmacy bottles labeled "poison"- just perfect for the "witch's spice rack" i've been semi working on (or at least accumulating for). aahhh... a productive morning!

2 comments:

Becky said...

linda- love your new site! great banner!!!

Ann said...

I love your new banner too! Great job! It's always fun to "find" neat stuff! I'm looking for a LG for the swap. No luck yet.