Thursday, January 28, 2010

my most recently rescued orphan


these are just some of the orphan babies i have rescued from estate sale junk piles and thrift store bins. sad little dollies in need of a home and someone to love them. the very newest is the adorable girl on the top right with the 1950's hair and no pants. her oversized shirt is clearly a hand-me-down. no doubt someone will find something unkind to say about her (like susie, who accused one of them of looking like 'chucky's' little sister), but i think she's lovely. she is now a happy member of the Smith fam and lives in the vintage baby stroller in my studio with her new siblings. i haven't named her yet...but i'm thinking she looks like a "Nancy". what do you think?

4 comments:

Scrap for Joy said...

I can't stop laughing over their names!!!! "Makes the dog bark" is hilarious! Your new doll looks familiar...I think I might have had one like her 100 years ago. I'll have to do a post featuring my dolls. (Like Barbie with the bitten boobs...oh yeah, there's a whole story there!)

Linda said...

yikes! poor Barbie! wait...did you have brothers??

becky f. said...

How about Beth?
What a motley crew!
B

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

I too have a doll which my son said looks like Chucky's little sister. She needs a new face because her face was broken before I got her. She had belonged to my beloved grandmother and she left her to me because I love dolls! I did get a kick out of the names! Happy Pink Saturday and enjoy your weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi