Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!



Happy Pink New Year to my Pink Saturday friends!

The first picture I am sharing today is one of my parents on New Year's Eve in 1953! New Years Day is especially bittersweet for me, as it is the anniversary of the day I lost my mom to cancer. My dad passed shortly after. So I remember them on this New Year with gratitude and love. I just love the happy faces in the background in this picture!

Since New Year Eve and Day is not a holiday that I celebrate with gusto, (but at least I no longer stay in bed with the covers up over my head- time heals!) I often work the New Year Holidays in an effort to be off on Christmas. The second picture represents me at work! I have the best job in the hospital, as I work with newborns! I wonder if my hospital will have the "First New Year's Baby" this year?

Happy New Year, everyone! I wish you all the best of health and an abundance of blessings in 2011.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Happy New Year to you, too, Linda! Thanks for sharing your story of New Year's...it's so hard when we lose loved ones around the holidays. Thanksgiving is the bad one for me with both my Mom & Dad passing 20 years apart, but both during the Thanksgiving week.

May Peace & love & good health be yours in 2011.
xo
Debbie
===^..^===

peggy gatto said...

The picture says so much.
Lovely memory.
thinking of you and thanks for taking care of the babies!!!

South City Hues said...

Happy New Year Linda!